- General Outdoor Projection Screens FAQ’s
- DIY/ DIY Pro Series
- DIY Wall 3 Series
- Pop-up Cinema Series
- Yard Master 2 Series
- Yard Master 2 WraithVeil® Dual Series
- Yard Master 2 Rear Series
- Yard Master Series
- Yard Master Plus Series
- Yard Mater Electric/Tension screens
- Yard Master Manual Series
50° – 104° F (10° – 40° C)
Here are the instructions on how to sync your RF remote. Radio Frequency (RF) Remote Synchronization Instructions for: ZOMS-RF-W-V1.0 and ZOMS-RF-W-V2.0
- Unplug the screen’s power cable from the power outlet.
- Press and HOLD the UP button on the RF remote
- While holding the UP button, plug the screen’s power cable back into the power outlet. a. You should hear a single “beep” when the power cable has been plugged in, indicating it has entered pairing mode.
- After hearing a set of multiple “beeps”, release UP button for 2 seconds, then press UP button again.
- You should now be able to control your electric screen with the RF remote control.
- If unsuccessful repeat from Step 1.
All Yard Master Electric Screens only use Radio Frequency to control the screen’s operation. If you have a projector that does not have a dedicated 12v trigger output port, you can use the ZOMS-TR12V-V2. This wireless 12v trigger accessory is included with all Yard Mater Electric/Tension with serial numbers beginning with 19AE and newer. The ZOMS-TR12V-V2 plugs to the projector’s power terminal so no 12v projector trigger is required. Please click here for instructions on how to program the ZOMS-TR12V-V2.
Wrinkles or lines found on the Yard Master projection material in most cases disappear when the material is stretched over the frame. If in case they don’t, we recommend using a fabric steamer to eliminate any lines or wrinkles.
Eventually, yes. It is recommended that no projection screen, regardless of manufacturer/model be permanently left outside and exposed directly to the elements. The yardmaster is made for temporary outdoor events such as day excursions or weekend camping trips. It has a rolled sheet steel alloy frame that is coated in a rust-resistant black enamel for outdoor events. Just like any other piece of audio-video equipment, proper care and storage is required to maximize the Yardmaster’s operational lifespan.
Yes, optional extension legs can be purchased to increase the bottom viewing area. Please click here for more information.
Below are the steps to disassemble your screen. For the full Yard Master 2 user guide, click here.
- Remove ropes (G) and stakes (I) from the ground.
- Unlatch the hinged support bars on front side of each leg so that it is bent and fold that half of the legs up for the next step.
- Slowly lower the screen to the ground (towards the closed legs). Two people are needed for this step.
- Unlatch the hinged support bars and fold down other half of legs.
- Loosen and remove the ropes, knob screws (E) and eyebolts (F) from each leg.
- Remove the frame legs (B) from the folding frame (A).
- Detach the screen material (D) from the folding frame (A) by carefully unsnapping each button as shown.
- Fold screen material (D) in half, folding the bottom of the screen towards the top. Then, fold in half again in the same way. Lastly, fold the material into thirds to condense the length, see user guide for visual. *If you prefer to roll the material, instead of folding into thirds, roll from one end to the other after folding in half twice.
- Unlatch the hinged support bars in each corner of the folding frame (A).
- Press in the silver locking buttons, near the folding joints, and slowly gather the sides of the folding frame
- Again, press in the silver locking buttons. Then, pick up one end of the folding frame, and walk it to the other end, folding the longer sections into thirds.
- Store the screen in the provided carrying bag (h). Be sure to place folding frame, legs, and smaller parts into the carrying bag first and place the material on top to keep material from creasing or tearing.
In order to have less memory lines or “wrinkles” from folding, here are a few tips. Don’t fold tightly or try to fold over the material as compact as possible. Both will leave pronounced memory lines. It is recommended to take note of how lightly folded the screen material was when it came from the factory and repeat that whenever you are packing the screen away. Another method when storing the screen is to gently and loosely roll the material and keep it in a safe, dry space at an optimal room temperature.
Elite Screens offers replacement CineWhite® material for the YardMaster 2 Series. Here is a complete list of the model number for replacement CineWhite® Material: Z-OMS90H2, Z-OMS1000H2, Z-OMS110H2, Z-OMS120H2, Z-OMS135H2 Decoding the model number: Z-OMS 90 H 2
- Z- Replacement Material
- OMS- YardMaster Outdoor design (Version 2)
- 90= Diagonal Size of 90″
- H= 16:9 Aspect Ratio
- 2=YardMaster 2 Series
|Z-OMSxxxH2||CineWhite® (Front Projection) Replacement Material for Yard Master 2 Models Number OMSxxxH2|
|WraithVeil (Rear Projection) Replacement Material for Yard Master 2 Models Number OMSxxxH2|
|Z-OMSxxxH2-DUAL||WraithVeil® Dual (Front/Rear Projection) Replacement Material for Yard Master 2 Models Number OMSxxxH2|
The Yard Master 2 screen material is folded so that it can fit into a smaller package to decrease freight cost. If you notice crease lines on the material upon opening the box, there are a couple of things that can be done to alleviate them. The easiest method would be to allow the material to stretch on the Yard Master 2 frame. Over time, the creases will alleviate to a minimal. If after a few days you do not see any improvement, the second method in alleviating them would be the use of a hairdryer. Set the dryer on medium heat and blow on the material from its back side from about 3 feet away, concentrating only on the crease lines. Do not apply excessive heat as this will cause for the material to deform. You may need to repeat this process for a couple of consecutive days depending on the severity of the creases.
No, both the Yard Master and Yard Master 2 Series have a fixed height and length for all leg and frame parts included. The Yard Master 2 Series, however, does have optional extension legs that can be purchased to increase the bottom viewing area. Please click here for more information.
In a calm wind below 10mph, yes. If it exceeds the 10mph, there is a chance of damaging the frame or the material itself.
Eventually, yes. It is recommended that no projection screen, regardless of manufacturer/model be permanently left outside and exposed directly to the elements. The yardmaster is made for temporary outdoor events such as day excursions or weekend camping trips. It has an aluminum frame that is coated in a rust-resistant black enamel for outdoor events. Just like any other piece of audio-video equipment, proper care and storage is required to maximize the Yardmaster’s operational lifespan.
Please follow the steps below. For the full user guide, please click here.
The DIY Wall 3 screen can be hung from nails or screws installed on the wall using the built-in wall hooks on both top and bottom support bars.
Yes, the DIY Wall 3 series screen black masking borders. Please refer to the dimensions tables for the amount of black masking for individual models.
Yes, Both the DIY Pro and DIY Pro REAR can also be used indoors.
The DIY screen material may have creases or wrinkles after it has been stored for an extended period of time. These are known as memory lines. This is both a normal and correctable phenomenon. The creases/wrinkles on the DIY material will disappear in most cases if the material is stretched out for about 24-48 hours. After that time has passed, the lines should vanish. To speed up the process of crease/wrinkle removal, you can try applying heat to the material (example: a blow dryer at low heat). If attempting to do this, please move the heat source across the material to avoid having the heat directly on one spot for a long time.
Please see General Cleaning Instructions
Either way will work just fine. However, it is best to first pack the screen into its canvas carrying pouch which is included. This accessory was designed to protect the screen when you store it.
The Yard Master 2 / Yard Master 2 WraithVeil Dual / Yard Master Plus Series products are portable outdoor screens that can be left in a safe area outside for a few nights. It is not designed to be a permanent fixed frame and left assembled for a long period of time indoors or outdoors.
After the screen closes upon the initial syncing process, simply turn off the projector’s power cycle, and restart it again. When the projector turns back on, the screen will deploy to its fullest extent.
Wireless 12V Trigger for Yard Master Electric – ZOMS-TR12V
For the instructional guide on synchronizing the ZU12V, please click here.
For a quick explanation on the IP33 rating