To apply the Insta-DE2 to a MDF, please follow the instructions below:\ Preparing the Surface: Before applying the Insta-DE2, the application surface must be dry, clean, smooth, and structurally sound.
- Clean the surface to remove any dirt, grease, and wax.
- Fill any depressions or holes with a drywall compound.
- Use sandpaper to smooth any bumps and blemishes. Sand until the surface is completely flat.
- Prime the surface with a high-quality oil-based primer.
- Sand the surface again.
Applying the Insta-DE2:
- Measure and outline the screen installation area.
- Evenly apply a thin coat of adhesive* to the installation area using a paint roller.
- Wait for the adhesive to dry.
- Sand the surface until no adhesive residue remains.
- Spray water onto the surface to activate the compound glue in the adhesive.
- Carefully unroll the Insta-DE2 over the installation area, using the measured outline as a guide.
*Elite Screens recommends using a strong adhesive material such as Shur-Stik Heavy Duty Clay Wallcovering Adhesive. You can purchase this product easily online, or consult with your wallpaper installer for other options.