Q: How many times do we recommend the Elite Yard Master Portable Projector screen material to be folded so it can be properly stored after each use? Is there a preferred number of folds to reduce the presence of wrinkles?
A: In order to have less memory lines or “wrinkles” from folding, here are a few tips. Don’t fold tightly or try to fold over the material as compact as possible. Both will leave pronounced memory lines. It is recommended to take note of how lightly folded the screen material was when it came from the factory and repeat that whenever you are packing the screen away. Another method when storing the screen is to gently and loosely roll the material and keep it in a safe, dry space at an optimal room temperature.
Q: Should the Projection screen be kept in a cool dry place ? or should it be kept warm?
A: The material is well-made and designed to last so either storage method will work just fine. That said, make sure that the material is dry before packing it away so that the material won’t be imprinted and waterborne sediment won’t build up and soil the screen. Storing the material at an optimal room temperature will ensure that the screen will be suitably pliable enough to stretch onto the framework without much effort. Storing the screen in a cool place won’t hurt the material but it does make the material a little tougher to stretch over the frame when assembling.
Q: Do we recommend they store the Elite Yard Master portable Projection screen in a plastic or a metal bin when it is not being used ?
A: Either way will work just fine. However, it is best to first pack the screen into its canvas carrying pouch which is included. This accessory was designed to protect the screen when you store it.
Q: Is there a basic method of cleaning this Elite projection material?
A: Yes, we recommend cleaning the screen with a lukewarm solution of mild soap and water.
Q: What is the proper way to disassemble the Yard Master 2?
A: Below are the steps to disassemble your screen. For the full Yard Master 2 user guide, click here.
1. Remove ropes (G) and stakes (I) from the ground.
2. Unlatch the hinged support bars on front side of each leg so that it is bent and fold that half of the legs up for the next step.
3. Slowly lower the screen to the ground (towards the closed legs). Two people are needed for this step.
4. Unlatch the hinged support bars and fold down other half of legs.
5. Loosen and remove the ropes, knob screws (E) and eyebolts (F) from each leg.
6. Remove the frame legs (B) from the folding frame (A).
7. Detach the screen material (D) from the folding frame (A) by carefully unsnapping each button as shown.
8. Fold screen material (D) in half, folding the bottom of the screen towards the top. Then, fold in half again in the same way. Lastly, fold the material into thirds to condense the length, see user guide for visual.
*If you prefer to roll the material, instead of folding into thirds, roll from one end to the other after folding in half twice.
9. Unlatch the hinged support bars in each corner of the folding frame (A).
10. Press in the silver locking buttons, near the folding joints, and slowly gather the sides of the folding frame
11. Again, press in the silver locking buttons. Then, pick up one end of the folding frame, and walk it to the other end, folding the longer sections into thirds.
12. Store the screen in the provided carrying bag (h). Be sure to place folding frame, legs, and smaller parts into the carrying bag first and place the material on top to keep material from creasing or tearing.
Q: Can I buy a small screen material sample?
A: Yes, you can buy a CineWhite® screen material sample by clicking here.
Buy a WraithVeil screen material sample by clicking here.
Q: Will my Yard Master 2 projection screen rust if I leave it outdoors for a long period of time (weeks, etc.)?
A: Eventually, yes. It is recommended that no projection screen, regardless of manufacturer/model be permanently left outside and exposed directly to the elements. The yardmaster is made for temporary outdoor events such as day excursions or weekend camping trips. It has a rolled sheet steel alloy frame that is coated in a rust-resistant black enamel for outdoor events. Just like any other piece of audio-video equipment, proper care and storage is required to maximize the Yardmaster’s operational lifespan.
Q: What are the model numbers for the Yard Master 2 Series?
A: Here is a full list of the model numbers in the Yard Master 2 Series: OMS100H2, OMS120H2, OMS100HR2, OMS120HR2
Q: Are the legs and frame on the Yard Master and Yard Master 2 Series adjustable?
A: No, both the Yard Master and Yard Master 2 Series have a fixed height and length for all leg and frame parts included. The Yard Master 2 Series, however, does have optional extension legs that can be purchased to increase the bottom viewing area. Please click here for more information.
Q: Are leg extensions available for the Yard Master 2 to increase the bottom viewing area?
A: Yes, optional extension legs can be purchased to increase the bottom viewing area. Please click here for more information.
Q: Can I use the YardMaster 2 series outside on a windy day?
A: In a calm wind below 10mph, yes. If it exceeds the 10mph, there is a chance of damaging the frame or the material itself.
Q: How do I alleviate screen creases?
A: The Yard Master 2 screen material is folded so that it can fit into a smaller package to decrease freight cost. If you notice crease lines on the material upon opening the box, there are a couple of things that can be done to alleviate them. The easiest method would be to allow the material to stretch on the Yard Master 2 frame. Over time, the creases will alleviate to a minimal.
If after a few days you do not see any improvement, the second method in alleviating them would be the use of a hairdryer. Set the dryer on medium heat and blow on the material from its back side from about 3 feet away, concentrating only on the crease lines. Do not apply excessive heat as this will cause for the material to deform. You may need to repeat this process for a couple of consecutive days depending on the severity of the creases.