DIY Pro Screen at Griffith Observatory Mars Event in Los Angeles
High in the hills overlooking downtown Los Angeles stands the iconic Griffith Observatory. The Observatory’s staff approached Elite Screens with a need of an outdoor projection screen that handles easy and could be stretched upon an improvised framework they made for an upcoming event. They chose a large 236” DIY Pro outdoor projection screen that would give thousands of stargazers a big picture of the Red Planet in all its glory. The orbits of Earth and Mars would bring both planets very close to one another by a distance of 35.8 million miles; pretty close in planetary terms.
The atmosphere was festive and legends like Buzz Aldrin addressed the crowd. Hundreds of enthusiasts thronged for a good view as the observatory’s main telescope fed its image through to a projector standing before the large DIY Pro 236” outdoor projection screen.
- Date: July 30-31, 2018
- Location: Griffith Park Observatory – Los Angeles, CA.
- Event: Mars Close Approach
- Product: DIY Pro Series (DIY236H1)
- Visit the Griffith Observatory Website
(Click Here to Read Full Article)
About Elite’s DIY Pro Series (DIY236H1)
- Available with DynaWhite matte white or WraithVeil Dual, front and rear projection material
- Sturdy double-stitched black masking borders in various sizes
- Includes metal grommet reinforcements, guy lines, and fabric carrying case