General Electric Screens Accessories FAQs
A: You can extend the length of your accessory using the ZSP-12V-50B. This 50 feet RJ-45 cable also includes an extender plug coupler to allow you to join connections to your existing accessory
A: There's a couple of suggestions.
- If controlling your screen’s drop and rise with a light switch, we offer our (ZIW) integrated wall switch that will work just fine with your electric projection screen.
- To operate the projection screen using the 12-Volt trigger, We recommend connecting the trigger’s RJ45 connection to your projector since it was designed solely for that purpose. Running the 12-Volt trigger through an AC/DC converter will likely not work and may even prove harmful to your product or the projector screen’s main board, so we strongly advise against experimentation with mismatched accessories doing what they were not designed to do.
A: The maximum distance is 300 feet of extension RJ-45 cable.
A: Elite Screens offers a wireless Universal 5-12 volt projector accessory (Part# ZU12V) for projectors that do not have a trigger output. Contact your preferred Elite Screens reseller or visit shop.elitescreens.com for information about purchasing this product.
A: Yes, version 2.0 screens have a reset button located on the circuit board which helps eliminate RF interference. Please Click Here for instructions on how to locate the circuit board on your screen.
A: Regarding the amperage of Elite’s 5-12V Triggers, their transistor pulls (3.3V)) to MCU GPIO.
This means that the RF remote input is 12V and the driving Amp is :2mA. Through the RJ45 port, the input is 12V，and the driving amp is: 1mA.
A: The IR remote is an InfraRed remote. Infrared is based on the "light" part of the electromagnetic spectrum.
The RF remote is a Radio Frequency remote. Radio frequency is based on the "radio" section of the electromagnetic spectrum.
While the IR remote control requires direct aim to the receiver in order for the signal to be received, the RF remote control can be pointed in any direction to function as long as the signal is within range
A: The ouput voltage is 3 volts and the wattage is 3 milliwatts
A: If your RF remote control does not work with your screen, try the following to get in synced. See below for instructions.
Make sure new batteries or working batteries are in your RF remote control before proceeding with the steps.
For V 2.0 electric screens.
The version number can be found on the remote control, the sticker on the screen's end cap, or the packing box.
- Unplug your screen from the power outlet
- Hold the UP button on your RF remote
- While holding the UP button, plug the screen back to the power outlet
- Wait 5 seconds and then release the UP button
- Now you can use your RF remote
For V 1.4-1 and below (ex 1.3, 1.4, 1.4-1)
- Press & hold the Up button on your RF remote control so the LED light turns on
- While holding the UP button on your RF remote, simultaneously push the small button located on the circuit board. In some cases, you can press this button through a hole on the end cap. (Please note you may need a small sharp object to achieve this.)
- Continue to hold the UP button for an additional 3 seconds.
- After 3 seconds, your RF remote should now by synced to control your screen.
A: The output voltage is 3 volts and wattage is 3 milliwatts
A: Please see the codes listed below.
UP (Protocol: F12 Device Code: 07.01 Function: 40)
0000 006D 0018 0000 0030 0011 0030 0011 0030 0011 0030 0011 0010 0031 0010 0031 0010 0031 0010 0031 0010 0031 0010 0031 0030 0011 0010 053E 0030 0011 0030 0011 0030 0011 0030 0011 0010 0031 0010 0031 0010 0031 0010 0031 0010 0031 0010 0031 0030 0011 0010 053E
STOP (Protocol: F12 Device Code: 07.01 Function: 80)
0000 006D 0018 0000 0030 0011 0030 0011 0030 0011 0030 0011 0010 0031 0010 0031 0010 0031 0010 0031 0010 0031 0010 0031 0010 0031 0030 051E 0030 0011 0030 0011 0030 0011 0030 0011 0010 0031 0010 0031 0010 0031 0010 0031 0010 0031 0010 0031 0010 0031 0030 051E
DOWN (Protocol: F12 Device Code: 07.01 Function: 20)
0000 006D 0018 0000 0030 0011 0030 0011 0030 0011 0030 0011 0010 0031 0010 0031 0010 0031 0010 0031 0010 0031 0030 0011 0010 0031 0010 053E 0030 0011 0030 0011 0030 0011 0030 0011 0010 0031 0010 0031 0010 0031 0010 0031 0010 0031 0030 0011 0010 0031 0010 053E
A: Our IR remote controls have been evaluated and entered in to the databases of some Universal remote control manufacturers. Please contact the manufacturer of your remote to inquire about your remote's ability to function with ours. If they have not evaluated our remote control then the following list of Binary codes will be used for most remote setups.
For Spectrum, VMAX2 (Plus), VMAX Plus4, Home2(3) and CineTension2(3) Series
- Up: 1111 0000 0001
- Stop: 1111 0000 0010
- Down: 1111 0000 0100
For the VMAX2 User Guide please click HERE
Universal Wireless 5-12V Projector Trigger - ZU12V
A: The Universal Wireless Trigger is compatible with voltages 90V – 240V.
- Compatible Products : Spectrum, Spectrum Tension, Spectrum 2(if Optional Remote Kit ZPM-RT is Installed) , VMAX2, Home 2, Saker, Saker Tab-Tension, Saker Tab-Tension AUHD, Saker Plus, CineTension2, Vmax Dual® (16:9 format only), Vmax Tab-Tension Dual (16:9 format only), Evanesce Tab-Tension, Evanesce Tab-Tension B, Evanesce B, Evanesce, Evanesce Plus
- Incompatible Products : Starling, Starling 2, Starling Tab-Tension, Starling Tab-Tension 2, CineTension B
Remote Control Kit for Spectrum2 - ZPM-RT2
A: No, the ZPM-RT2 only works on the Spectrum 2 series.
Note: Compatible only with Spectrum 2 Series with serial number 198Exxxxx and after. Example. 198E00497
A: Using proper wire connector tools for safety, follow the wire reference below:
- Orange to Black = Hot
- Red to Purple = Hot reverse
- Yellow to White = Neutral
- Green to Yellow/Green = Ground
In-Wall Up/Down switches - ZIW
A: Connect an RJ45 network cable from your electric screen's RJ45 port to the RJ45 port of the in-wall switch and flip the button down for the screen to come down and flip the button up for the screen to go up.
A: Elite Screens' In-wall Up/Down switches (ZIW-W) is a constant close switch.
A: The ZIW In-Wall switch is compatible with all of Elite's electric retractable floor rising, wall/ceiling and in-ceiling/recessed screens, EXCEPT for the VMAX Dual®, VMAX Tab-Tension Dual, Starling, Starling 2, Starling Tab-Tension and the Starling Tab-Tension 2 Series.
Wireless 5-12V Trigger - ZSP-TR02 (Floor Rise)
A: Check your projector's documentation to find out if your projector has a 5 volt or 12 volt trigger output. If it does then the ZSP-TR02 is compatible with your projector.
Wireless 5-12V Trigger - ZSP-TR03 (Wall/Ceiling)
Dry-erase Whiteboard Screens
A: No, the ZWBMS-PRO is only compatible with Elite’s WhiteBoardScreen™ Universal Series.
For best results we strongly recommend using only Elite Screens whiteboard erasers and markers since the material is a unique dual projection and dry-erase surface. Please see Elite’s whiteboard projection screen starter kit HERE
A: No, both the Yard Master and Yard Master 2 Series have a fixed height and length for all leg and frame parts included.
The Yard Master 2 Series, however, does have optional extension legs that can be purchased to increase the bottom viewing area. Please click here for more information.
A: After the screen closes upon the initial syncing process, simply turn off the projector’s power cycle, and restart it again. When the projector turns back on, the screen will deploy to its fullest extent.
Ceiling Trim Kit
A: No, the CineTension2 series trim kit is not backward compatible with non "2" CineTension models.
A: No, the Home 2 series trim kit is not backward compatible with non "2" Home series models.
A: No, the VMAX 2 series trim kit is not backward compatible with non "2" VMAX models.