Ceiling Light Rejecting electric floor-rising projector screen
Kestrel Tab-Tension 2 CLR® Series
The Kestrel Tab-Tension 2 CLR® is an electric floor-rising projector screen with Ceiling Light Rejecting® technology to combat the washout effect from overhead lighting in bright room environments.
The StarBright CLR® material is configured in a tab-tensioned format to ensure a taut, flat, and ripple-free projection surface suitable for ultra-short throw projectors. It is the ideal non-invasive solution for environments where wall or ceiling installations are impractical.
Available in either a black or white housing to fit any room décor.
“We are impressed with how easy the Kestrel Tab-Tension 2 CLR Series is to use, and we’re even more impressed with the quality of brightness and color the screen allows in bright, overhead light environments.” –Grant Morgan, TWICE Magazine
- StarBright CLR® (Ceiling Light Rejecting) material absorbs up to 95% of overhead lighting
- Crafted for use with UST (ultra-short throw) tabletop/bottom mounted projectors
- 100x contrast enhancement over standard matte white projector screens under ambient light
- Multi-layered optical micro-structures filter out ambient light for superior image brightness and contrast
- Black absorbent layer improves black levels in bright and dark room environments
- Reflective layer concentrates projected light back to viewer’s field of vision and negates light scatter
- Ultra-wide viewing angle allows viewers to see a clear, bright, and uniform image from any seating position
- Special lenticular surface provides superb color fidelity, contrast and black/white dynamic range
- Black-backing (non-opaque) enhances image brightness
- Available in the following diagonal sizes:
- 101″ and 121″ in 16:9 aspect ratio
Design and Operation
- Elegant moisture resistant black or white aluminum housing options to fit any room décor.
- Rises and lowers using “scissor-backed” industry grade cross spring risers
- Specially designed for tabletop/bottom placed ultra-short throw projectors
- Project from within a short distance without shadowing the picture
- Plug & Play design with built-in low voltage control system, no hardwire installation required
- Includes handheld Infrared (IR) and Radio Frequency (RF) remote controls, and a wall box controller for manual on-wall operation.
- User-friendly programmable vertical drop position for easy installation
- Wall box controller is detachable for a clean look while maintaining RF & IR functionality
- Built-in selectable channels allow one RF remote programming to control multiple screens and prevent interference
- 12v trigger feature allows the screen’s UP/DOWN operation to synchronize with the projector’s power cycle
- Wired 12v trigger capability via wall box controller
- Wireless 12v trigger capability via Radio Frequency remote control
Quality and Reliability
Please click here for installation tip (PDF)